Short-Term Medical and Travel Insurance for U.S. Citizens
While your overseas trip is expected to be fun and adventurous, there is an increased risk of becoming injured or seriously ill while in a foreign country. In such situations, it is important for U.S. citizens to make sure that they have a short-term medical policy before they embark on their travels.
Patriot International® provides temporary medical travel insurance for trips overseas whether for business or pleasure.
While your traditional U.S. style health plan offers domestic coverage, it may not cover the cost of your healthcare overseas and most likely doesn't cover emergency medical evacuation. If you require medical care in a foreign country, complications can arise because of different languages, currency conversion, inexperienced international claims administration, and time differences. Imagine trying to get in touch with most health insurance companies at 3:00 a.m. on a weekend from a foreign country during a medical emergency!
Key Benefits of Short-Term Medical and Travel Insurance
- Coverage for U.S. citizens and their families
- Freedom to seek treatment with hospital or doctor of your choice
- Short-term travel health coverage
- Optional deductibles are available
- Maximum policy limits ranging from $50,000 to $2,000,000
- Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of remains
- Available in daily and monthly rates
- Trip cancellation and travel delay coverage
- Plan is renewable up to 24 months if 1 month or more is initially purchased at one time
The Patriot International Plan is Ideal for:
- Business travelers
- Vacationers traveling internationally
- College students studying abroad
- Educators teaching English abroad
- Seniors who travel and need coverage because of Medicare limits
- Overseas internship programs